专辑名称:B Sides, Demos & Rarities
表演者: PJ Harvey
流派: Rock
专辑类型: 专辑
发行时间: 2022-11-04
唱片公司: UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
资源格式:FLAC分轨

专辑介绍:
Though the reissue campaign that presented PJ Harvey's albums with their demos was extensive, it still didn't gather everything in her archives. She fills in those gaps with B-Sides, Demos & Rarities, a comprehensive set of harder-to-find and previously unreleased material that covers three decades of music. Kicking off with a handful of previously unreleased demos, the collection celebrates what makes each track special within Harvey's chronology. Short but fully realized versions of "Dry" and "Man-Size" reaffirm that by the time she hits the record button, she knows exactly what she's doing; the guitar and voice sketches of "Missed" and "Highway 61 Revisited" are as formidable as the finished takes; and the demo of the B-side "Me Jane" (yes, that's how thorough this set is) offers one of the Rid of Me era's catchiest songs in an even rawer state. B-Sides, Demos & Rarities reinforces just how vital Harvey's non-album tracks are to her creative trajectory. The uncanny carnival oompah of "Daddy," a "Man-Size" B-side, feels like one of the earliest forays into the eeriness that gave an extra thrill to To Bring You My Love, White Chalk, and much of Harvey's later work. She continues Is This Desire?'s experimentation on "The Bay," which contrasts songwriting befitting a classic folk ballad with pulsing keyboards and jazzy rhythms, and continues to try to make sense of the world's chaos on Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea-era material spanning the whispery Saturn return of "30" to "This Wicked Tongue," an updated expression of biblical sin, desire, and torment that delivers one of the set's most quintessentially PJ Harvey moments. Fittingly for such an anachronistic-sounding album, White Chalk's B-sides reach back to Harvey's earliest days: "Wait" and "Heaven" date back to 1989 and deliver sprightly, strummy folk-pop that's almost unrecognizable as her work. The set's previously unreleased music contains just as many revelations. One of its most notable previously missing puzzle pieces is the demo of Uh Huh Her's title track. A shockingly pure expression of rage, jealousy, and sorrow, it may have been too raw and revealing even for a PJ Harvey album, but it's a shame that it and the like-minded "Evol" didn't make the cut. Conversely, "Why'd You Go to Cleveland," a 1996 collaboration between Harvey and John Parish, and the 2012 demo "Homo Sappy Blues" are downright playful, proving the complete picture of her music includes something akin to fun. Highlights from the collection's 2010s material include "An Acre of Land," a lush ballad rooted in the British folk traditions that are just as essential to her music as punk or the blues, and the 2019 cover of Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand," which pays homage to a kindred spirit while transforming the song into something more desolate and plaintive. A must-listen for anyone following Harvey's archival series, B-Sides, Demos & Rarities serves as a fascinating parallel primer to her music and the multitudes within it.

专辑曲目:
01. Dry (Demo)
02. Man-Size (Demo)
03. Missed (Demo)
04. Highway '61 Revisited (Demo)
05. Me-Jane (Demo)
06. Daddy
07. Lying In The Sun
08. Somebody's Down, Somebody's Name
09. Darling Be There
10. Maniac
11. One Time Too Many
12. Harder
13. Naked Cousin (Demo)
14. Losing Ground
15. Who Will Love Me Now
16. Why D'Ya Go To Cleveland
17. Instrumental #1
18. The Northwood
19. The Bay
20. Sweeter Than Anything
21. Instrumental #3
22. The Faster I Breathe The Further I Go (4-Track Version)
23. Nina In Ecstasy 2
24. Rebecca
25. Instrumental #2
26. This Wicked Tongue
27. Memphis
28. 30
29. 66 Promises
30. As Close As This
31. My Own Private Revolution
32. Kick It To The Ground (4-Track Demo)
33. The Falling
34. The Phone Song
35. Bows & Arrows
36. Angel
37. Stone
38. 97o
39. Dance
40. Cat On The Wall (Demo)
41. You Come Through (Demo)
42. Uh Huh Her (Demo)
43. Evol (Demo)
44. Wait
45. Heaven
46. Liverpool Tide
47. The Big Guns Called Me Back Again
48. The Nightingale
49. Shaker Aamer
50. Guilty (Demo)
51. I'll Be Waiting (Demo)
52. Homo Sappy Blues (Demo)
53. The Age Of The Dollar (Demo)
54. The Camp
55. An Acre Of Land
56. The Crowded Cell (From  The Virtues  Television Series)
57. The Sandman (Demo)
58. The Moth (Demo)
59. Red Right Hand

解压密码:www.80wusun.com
下载地址:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|捌零无损音乐论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-27 00:39 , Processed in 0.188284 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.