专辑名称:Lies About The War
表演者: Jacob Banks
流派: Soul
专辑类型: 专辑
发行时间: 2022-08-26
出版者: Nobody Records
资源格式:FLAC分轨

专辑介绍:
Figuring his spot on the roster of a major label would be better filled by an artist more concerned with commercial growth, Jacob Banks left Interscope after the release of his 2021 EP For My Friends, and set up his own Nobody Records. In no form is Lies About the War (the true follow-up to his 2018 first LP Village) a typical post-major move signaling sudden artistic freedom. Tracing back to the independent debut single in 2013 through the parting work for Interscope, Banks' output has always shown natural development. That continues with Lies About the War. There are many stylistic facets to the singer's discography, and this set happens to show his soul background more clearly without stifling his inclinations to strip a ballad to its bare essence, discharge blunt bass frequencies, or change direction mid-song. The stronger shades of traditional R&B also allow him to more nimbly shift from tremulous falsetto to anguished bellows; this is the best showcase yet for his voice. Opener "Just When I Thought" is a probing ballad that starts in baleful style (uneasy, drawn-out synthesizer notes, and phantasmal background vocals from co-writer Dyo), only to fade out and metamorphose in a church (with undaunted piano and organ, and a gospel choir); it seems almost devoid of hope, yet the LP as a whole is more sanguine than Village. This holds true even when Banks is expressing something grave like "My parachute won't open, my parachute is teaching me to fall," in which there's a sense that he'll figure it out. Apart from its lower end and slightly eerie atmospheres, "By Design (Evel Knievel)" is a soul throwback through and through, its unhurried gait and Wurlitzer/organ/acoustic piano combo helping to bring Ray Charles to mind more than any of Banks' previous recordings. "Bang" starts in a similarly nostalgic tint but switches abruptly to a booming production with a steely guest verse from Tobe Nwigwe. It's quite a display of Nigeria's artistic diaspora (Banks was born in Nigeria and is a native of Birmingham, England, while Nwigwe, the son of Nigerian parents, is from Texas), and a strong reminder that Lies About the War is set in 2022.

专辑曲目:
01 Just When I Thought
02 Won't Turn Back
03 Aim for My Head
04 By Design [Evel Knievel]
05 Our Song
06 Coming Through [Big up Yaself]
07 Parachute
08 Bang
09 Coolin
10 Here Lies the Man That Never Changed

解压密码:www.80wusun.com
下载地址:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|捌零无损音乐论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:46 , Processed in 0.220383 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.